If you’re in the dark about what’s happening in the financial world, you might get caught off guard during bad market turns and fear can derail your retirement plans. Staying informed is a good habit that can help keep you on track. We try to make it easy by providing our readers with a summary of headlines and investment news from the past quarter in an easy-to-digest format.
Let Us Catch You Up
Most of our clients are busy and this might be the only news about investments they receive. If you don’t have a lot of time, just check out pages 3 and 4. You’ll see the overall performance of stocks and bonds this quarter on page 3, and page 4 gives you an overview of major news events over the past 3 months.
An outline is included below, but be sure to download a full copy of the quarterly market summary.
Notable Q1 Headlines
- US Job Growth Strongest Since 1999
- US, Cuba Open Talks of Re-Establishing Ties
- Inflation Fell Short of Fed’s 2% Target
- Household Wealth Hits Highest Level Ever
- Nasdaq Composite Ends Above 5,000 for First Time Since Dot-Com Era
- US Government Bonds Rise for Fifth Straight Quarterly Gain
Q1 Index Returns (Jan – March)
- U.S Market + 1.8 %
- Developed + 3.83 %
- Emerging + 2.24%
- Real Estate + 4.36%
- U.S Bond +1.61%
- Global Bond +2.25%
- Russia + 18.90
- Denmark + 14.15
- Silver + 6.13
- Greece ( -26.01)
- Columbia (-18.86)
- Brazil (- 15.39)